From trading floors to customer service centers, enterprises that operate in real-time and leverage Event-Driven Architecture reap significant benefits. For example,
- A millisecond difference in a deal could mean USD100 million to a large trader (1).
- 64% of customers expect real-time interaction with businesses (2).
To react and operate in real-time, enterprises need to embrace Event-Driven Architecture but ripping and replacing legacy architectures to accomplish that is too costly.
Axway Streams 2.0 adds a feature-rich, Kafka-based event hub in front of your existing infrastructure and applications, allowing enterprises to become event-driven without rip and replace.
Axway Streams v2 is a unique offering that allows enterprises to leverage Event-Driven Architecture cost-effectively and with minimal effort.
Axway Streams v2 offers these key capabilities:
- Streams adds a feature-rich event hub that leverages industry-standard Apache Kafka in front of your existing infrastructure and applications, event-enabling your enterprise while avoiding the challenges of rip and replace or changing the code of existing applications.
- Streams gives you unparalleled flexibility to choose the event architecture that best fits your needs. You can choose from and mix and match a wide range of publishers (HTTP Polling, HTTP Post, Kafka, Salesforce CometD) and subscribers (Webhooks, Kafka, Server-sent events) based on your goals and needs.
- You can send events from any publisher to multiple subscribers simultaneously, even when using different subscription options (e.g., Webhooks and Kafka).
- Part of Amplify API Management, Streams leverages traditional API Management capabilities, like security or Unified Catalog.
- Streams is a Cloud-native capability with a microservices-based architecture that leverages an API-first approach.
I am happy to share that next-gen Streams is now in Restricted Availability and available to purchase and/or to try as part of the Early Adopter Program.
- Slides and recording Axway API Management: Event-Driven APIs
- Checkout Streams Roadmap
- Reach out to your Axway Sales or CSM contact to try and buy Streams
Book some time with our Catalysts for more insightful information.
(2) Response Time in Man-Computer Transactions, Robert B. Miller; https://www.salesforce.com/research/customer-expectations/