On December 12-15th, Axway and EasiRun are sponsoring the digital IT Days in Germany to highlight API security as the key to business success for organizations in Europe’s German-speaking countries (DACH region).
API security concerns continue to hold back organizations
Analysts predict that by 2025, less than 50% of enterprise APIs will be managed, as explosive growth in APIs surpasses the capabilities of API management tools. APIs are now at the heart of digital activities, as organizations large and small develop APIs to improve their link with customers, exchange different data, connect their hybrid and modular architectures, and invent new services and new uses.
However, while APIs enable organizations to re-invent their business models, they can also create major management and security challenges, such as:
- Authentication and Authorization (API1, API2, API4, API5)
- Data Protection (API3, API6, API8)
- Governance and Operations (API7, API9, API10)
Learn more about the OWASP API Security Top Ten here.
So, how could IT Architects and IT Managers easily and securely develop an API program on-premises or in the cloud for their organizations and still using their current legacy systems and resources?
Achieve high security and operations performance by using the Amplify API Management Platform
With Amplify, you have total control over your APIs throughout the entire API lifecycle – from smart design, testing, and fast deployment to secure API reuse and extension to outside systems and apps.
“Our dedicated cyber security team now has a single point of control for API security. We use the solution to manage our external connections with web-based applications and defend our organization against up to five million cyberattacks per day,” says Walter Karl, Lead Architect, IT Department at Bundesagentur für Arbeit.
Moreover, the Amplify API Management Platform positions customizable security policies for your APIs, and the critical data with processes they expose:
- Automatically detect your APIs, check vulnerable endpoints, and block API cyberattacks.
- Use 200 preconfigured policies for API authentication, authorization, content filtering, and more.
- Reduce vulnerability risks with Common Criteria certification as well as pending EAL4+ certification – the highest security level for an API management solution.
More than 11,000 companies around the world trust Axway to extend the value of their legacy technology investments.
Adopt an agile API management platform that prepares you for the future
If you are a DevOps, IT Architect, or Manager passionate about your company’s success, join Axway and EasiRun experts at the workshop on 12th of December from 13:00 to 16:00 to exchange and practice together API Security strategies, solutions, and how they can be implemented.
Workshop Main topics:
- API Security General + Levels
- Summary Implementation (High level)
- Technical implementation
- At the code level (Kiuwan)
- At the API management level (Axway)
This workshop will be led by our two experts:
- Martin Look – As a software architect and consultant for integration solutions, Martin Look has supported numerous companies in his more than 20-year career in the field of digitization. Today, as a Services Consultant at Axway, he advises customers and partners on the implementation of API management solutions.
- Selam Al-Shawi – In keeping with his background in software development and testing, as well as project management and systems integration, Selam Al-Shawi has been a technical consultant on products and strategy at EasiRun since 2013. His focus includes (legacy) modernization projects, API enablement, IT assessment, application security and enterprise software analytics with project, QA, and test management.
Learn more about the Axway and EasiRun partnership here.
Discover more details on the joint workshop’s key topics below. We look forward to welcoming you for this session!
Register today for the Axway & EasiRun joint session on API security.