If we were to select nominees for the best B2B communications strategy, these would be the finalists:
- Company A relies on point-to-point EDI for business agility, including the ability to connect with multiple partners of all kinds.
- Company B uses a value-added network (VAN) for dependable, secure one-to-many communications across pre-connected partners.
- Company C leverages a mix of point-to-point EDI and multiple VANs
And the winner is: any company that wants the best of all worlds.
Before going further, let me explain. First, it’s obvious that point-to-point EDI and VANs are both important technology frameworks that meet the needs of companies with different business objectives.
But what’s also clear is that managing various EDI and VAN vendors, and dealing with disjointed processes and technologies is neither efficient nor competitive in today’s marketplace. Instead, the time has come for consolidation around a single EDI/VAN vendor offering an integrated B2B platform experience.
That’s why Axway has stepped forward with our B2B Integration Platform accompanied by modern VAN capabilities.
The case for consolidation
Axway’s B2B Integration Platform provides a secure, API-enabled approach to EDI that lets you respond faster to evolving business demands. Core B2B integration capabilities can be enhanced with VAN connectivity using Axway Business Network.
This new consolidated approach allows us to deliver more value to our customers; read on to learn how.
Gain consistency and flexibility
By using Axway B2B Integration Platform with Axway Business Network, you can now communicate with partners using the EDI protocols you’re used to, as well as with APIs and modern, API-driven VAN connectivity. This way, you can tailor connectivity with traditional and modern partners and get an all-in-one platform/network experience.
Increase operational efficiency
An integrated platform lets you streamline operations with a single point of management for point-to-point EDI, API, e-Invoicing, and integration of multiple VANs. In addition, best-in-class VAN capabilities, interconnection to other VANs, and fast onboarding make managing global partnerships simpler.
Trim the fat
You save time and money by reducing the complexity and costs of managing networks that require multiple VANs and point-to-point EDI vendors. Boost productivity with a unique combination of capabilities delivering compliance, security, and simplified VAN certification.
Moreover, thanks to a modern commercial approach, Axway Business Network could help you save up to 50% of what you’re paying now.
Harness the power of APIs
Thanks to APIs, you can ease communication between your system and Axway Business Network, as APIs can be used to securely send and receive EDI payloads instead of using a classic file transfer protocol.
Moreover, APIs allow you to simplify management of the VAN mailbox, the addition of new partners, monitoring, and automation processes. APIs make it possible to build your own digital application to enable new VAN-driven business use cases.
A consistent and flexible EDI platform
Axway B2B Integration Platform enables you to engage customers and partners securely across your entire digital ecosystem with flexible deploayment on-premises or in the cloud.
With the introduction of Axway Business Network, operational simplicity is significantly improved because you have the flexibility to communicate with business partners using point-to-point EDI, VAN connectivity, or both – so you can do more, pay less, and ensure total security.
- Cloud SaaS, customer-managed service offering
- Dedicated VAN mailbox with AS2/xFTP connection point
- Access to 200 interconnections with VANs including OpenText and IBM
- Fast partner onboarding – forming partnerships is as simple as plugging in an address.
- API-based VAN network to enable API-driven VAN communication
- Self-service capabilities to create new point-to-point and VAN partnerships, monitor transactions, and track usage
- Simplified VAN certificate and communication management enables you to use a single VAN certificate instead of hundreds for point-to-point connections and frees you from firewall changes and technical connections tests.
The best of all worlds for maximum value
Axway provides the best of all worlds: the freedom and control to choose either point-to-point EDI or VAN connectivity for a particular partner. Our one-stop-shop experience offers a single point of management for point-to-point EDI, API, e-Invoicing, and multiple VAN integration.
Look to a B2B Integration leader to help you get up to speed and decide whether VAN connectivity makes sense or not. Enjoy savings by taking advantage of a modern business approach to B2B integration compared to traditional VAN offerings on the market.
Ready to build your B2B ecosystem with point-to-point EDI and VAN connectivity?