Why? Well, many customers today would like to use those files that live in their business systems and via B2Bi to exchange with external partners or customers.
- What if you want to exchange those files from your business systems with external recipients via mail? What if these files are too big to be sent as a normal email attachment?
- What if you want to give external collaborators a “web page” that would allow them to receive files or maybe send files to you? Preferably without the usage of non-approved consumer-grade solutions like Wetransfer or Dropbox.
Both are two typical examples of a Business-To-Human (B2H) or Human-To-Business (H2B) process, where it does not require too much imagination to think a bit out-of-the-box to improve your existing business processes.
B2Bi and Syncplicity processes
Business processes extend often beyond our traditional B2Bi process. B2Bi is usually a small step in a larger business-flow.
With Syncplicity adding to this business process, you not only make it easier for companies to get more control over externally shared or received files but also allows you to extend Axway’s footprint inside our customers. Discover how to enhance your EDI connection with content capabilities.
Some sample business cases that leverage the combination of B2Bi and Syncplicity:
- Any existing Axway customer that currently uses WebTrader to exchange files from external parties to a business process.
- Any existing B2Bi customer that requires exchanging files from B2Bi to other (human) recipients. Human recipients — both internal as external, would rather use a user-friendly solution to receive those files like an email or a clickable link.
- Any new customer that requires extending their business processes to include internal or external parties (e.g. Insurance Claims Handling, Loan Processing, Payments exchange, employee onboarding, production-line processing, order-to-bill, procure-to-pay, plan-to-inventory, complaints handling, asset inventory process, sales-to-cash, and many more).
The video explains both use-cases (B2H/H2B) and can also be shared with people using the following Barcode.
Meanwhile, two new interesting features have been added:
- Recursive upload from Syncplicity to B2Bi. You can now ingest not only files in a selected folder but also its sub-folders and files in that sub-folder. So, if a user would upload a complete Folder Structure in Syncplicity, then the entire folder structure in #Syncplicity will be moved to B2Bi.
- Filters: You can now also specify filters to reduce the upload from Syncplicity to B2Bi based on file extensions.
- Additionally, an important change is the chunked transfer from Syncplicity to B2Bi to avoid timeouts during the transfer, the Connector now also performs chunked upload from B2Bi to Syncplicity (and vice versa).
- If the B2Bi server has enough memory, you can exchange files up to 25 GB.
Watch our Webinar Replay: The future looks Agile with File and Content Services to learn more about Syncplicity.